Friday, December 18, 2009

Version 2.0 of Self-Publishing with Amazon's CreateSpace almost ready!

A lot has changed since Version 1.0 of my book Self-Publishing with Amazon's CreateSpace: A Resource Guide for Authors Considering Self-Publishing was first released.  I have learned a lot more and felt a need to update the book almost as soon as it became available on Amazon.com. Then CreateSpace began offering Author Services and it was immediately evident to me that an updated version of the book had to be produced and made available.

Fortunately, with POD technology, this did not mean that I had to toss a couple of thousand books from a traditional off-set press run that were sitting in my garage in the recycle bin.  It did mean that I had to get busy and update the book!  Fortunately, my next book on basketball was finished so I was able to do some hands on research again in using CreateSpace.

Version 2.0 has a slightly different cover, on the back, and the interior has been changed somewhat.  What has really changed is the amount of information included.  An overview of the new author services is included, but I still say do you homework yourself! Also, the lists of websites and blogs has been expanded in the Appendix section of the book and hopefully this will make the book more useful as a source of information.  Several books I have recently discovered that I found helpful for me have been added to the suggested reading list as well.

I plan on updating my publishing files with CreateSpace right before Christmas so the time lag should not be that long before Version 2.0 is the version being sold on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment