Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Publishing Maven: The Indie Book Reviewer Guide is a Hit!

The Publishing Maven: The Indie Book Reviewer Guide is a Hit!

Hats off to Christy Pinherio! She spent a great deal of her valuable time assembling a resource for self-publishing and Indie authors by producing an ebook titled The Official Indie Book Reviewer List: A Handy Reference Guide for Self-Published Authors and Small Publishers. The following is from her blog, The Publishing Maven:

"So, finally, after months of work and many, many, many hours of corrections, contacts, emails, etc, the Indie Book Reviewer "yellow pages" is finally active. I decided to charge 99 cents for it, because I did pay for professional editing, so I hope to at least recover my investment. I didn't do it to make money-- I did it to help other self-published and small press authors who need free publicity and don't know where to start. I've had a very good year and this is my labor of love.

All of the reviewers in the guide accept small press books, and all of them review books for free. The guide lists their likes, dislikes, contact information, website information, pet peeves, etc. Like I said, it's taken me a very long time to put this monster together.

I hope that it will grow, and in January, I'll do another update and maybe even put out a dirt-cheap POD edition for those die-hard paper lovers."
 
This will prove to be an invaluable tool for self-publishing authors and small presses. Again, hats of to Christy for providing this service to her fellow authors!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for doing a blog post about this resource, Kevin. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete