Tuesday, December 25, 2012

CreateSpace's Cover Creator versus BookCoverPro's Software

After yet another issue with the log-in feature with BookCoverPro, which I will admit was resolved significantly quicker than in the past, I decided to try my hand with the free Cover Creator provided by CreateSpace.

While I think BookCoverPro is easy to use if you are going to use their templates, I have to say if you are willing to limit yourself to templates, the Cover Creator provided by CreateSpace is easier to use and more intuitive.

I was able to create a cover design in less than 15 minutes that served my purposes and since this particular cover is for a book that is the first in a series of non-fiction books, the template I selected can serve as the basis for the cover for each book in this series. I will need to only to change the color of the cover design and the cover photo.

All of these steps were quite easy for me to figure out. The cover for the as yet to be published second book in the series took about 10 minutes to create.

Granted, covers from template designs might not be the best choice for many authors, but Cover Creator is easy to learn to use and for some books might be perfectly appropriate.

1 comment:

  1. Do like the CS cover designer for paperbacks, biggest problem is it doesn't export for eBooks. Plus, now Amazon has a Beta Kindle Cover creator that is fabulous. Yet BCP is still ideal for creating one cover, at high resolution, that works well cross-platform. Nice post. Happy writing~*

    ReplyDelete