Monday, October 14, 2013

Is There Trouble in Paradise With CreateSpace?

I have used CreateSpace and been very happy with the company as my POD service and distributor. I have lots of good things to say about the company. But my sales have been slumping and one title in particular title has had zero sales through CreateSpace, yet has had considerable sales through LSI. Since I was using a variation of Aaron Shepard's Plan B, the title was available through both CS and LSI.

Then I hear rumors about issues with CS's reporting of sales. Rumors are usually just that, rumors. Hard to pay attention to rumors when I have had a really good experience with CS.

However, my sales are seasonal and really pick up at the start of the school year and peak in January before falling off. As I have explained, my best selling title has sold well through LSI, but not one sale from CS. Then I stumbled on this blog post on Jeannette Vaughan's blog.

I will let you draw your own conclusions from this article written as a guest post by John. R. Clark, Managing Editor at AgeView Press.

Vigilance is always necessary I suppose. I know I will be paying much closer attention to my sales figures the next few months.


No comments:

Post a Comment